I have not worked since October 6, 2010. At first, money was not an issue because I cashed out my 401k from my company. I had been with them for 18 years, so the amount was substantial. When I received that money, I paid off every bill our family had except my vehicle and my house.
As time has passed, however, cash has become extremely tight and I am looking for ways to supplement my husband's income so I can continue to stay home. I believe stay-at-home moms can contribute to their family greatly not only by saving money, but by looking for creative ways to earn money from home without neglecting their most important priorities of being a wife and mom. There are so many different things you can do. Here are just a few ideas the I am currently doing myself:
1. Take SurveysYou won’t get rich taking surveys, but you can certainly earn a little side income — usually something like $5-$10 per week. Here’s a list of some legitimate survey companies you can sign up with.
2. Earn Money for Searching/Using the WebDo you read email, search the web or purchase things online? Well then, you definitely should be earning points and cashback for doing so. Here are some of my favorite ways to earn money and prizes for doing things I already do online. I’ve been paid consistently by each of these websites and would highly recommend them:
- SwagBucks — Earn points for searching the web. These points can be redeemed towards prizes or gift cards. For suggestions on how to earn the most with Swagbucks, check out MoneySavingMom's series on 15 Ways to Earn More Swagbucks.
- MyPoints — Earn points for reading emails. These points can be redeemed towards gift cards and more.
- Inbox Dollars — Earn points for reading emails. These points can be redeemed towards gift cards, cash and more.
3. Earn cash back when you grocery shop
Don't Forget to Vote For Me Today!
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full Disclosure Policy.